Image processing is used to improve and optimize the quality of scanned documents (PDF, TIFF, JPEG) or to improve the image quality for machine readability in preparation for a subsequent OCR recognition. This allows blank pages and black borders , Holes, lines and impurities are removed. The FM version is installed as a Windows service and can monitor one or more input folders.
- MS Windows service
- Multiple jobs can be created to monitor multiple input folders.
- Multithreading / parallel processing ensures a high processing throughput
- Configuration of the processing steps via profiles (new, copy, edit, delete, export, import)
- Only the start folder or the entire subfolder structure can be processed.
- Folder contents can be deleted after processing or the folder structure can be retained.
- The folder structure from the input folder can also be transferred to the target folder.
- File processing via filter – name, extension, created from / to, changed from / to.
- Sorted processing by name / date as well as ascending / descending possible.
- Generation of a new file name via variable (date, time, counter, original name / extension)
- Delete the original file (move), copy or create an archive copy
- Folder monitoring and processing start via file system events – immediately, or with an adjustable delay (0-999sec.), or over time interval (in min.)
- Start of processing at a set date / time with optional daily / weekly repetition.
- Adjustable number of retry attempts / time interval if a file should be blocked.
- Logging (all events, only the error events)
Image processing functions:
- Several functions can be executed one after the other in a predefined order.
- The selected functions, their parameters and processing sequence are managed via profiles.
- Profile functions: new, copy, delete, rename, export to file, import from file.
- Option to process PDF scans / pages with image information only or all PDF pages.
- Loading a sample page and testing the image processing commands with a preview of the output and result files.
- The resolution, compression and quality parameters can be configured for PDF rendering.
Individual image processing functions:
- Detect and remove blank pages.
- Auto rotate pages
- Straighten pages
- Invert images (black to white)
- Remove the black border
- Trim the edge
- Remove impurities
- Remove perforations
- Remove lines
- Convert color / grayscale to black / white