Starting from our, since many years approved and tested OCR Server – AutoOCR, we now, with “AutoOCRLight”, offer a low cost variant. It has, compared to the AutoOCR full product, a lower price but also a limited functionality.
Differences AutoOCRLight to AutoOCR:
- only one in / out folder can be configured
- with iOCR, only one OCR engine is available – the Abbyy OCR engine isn’t supported
- no PDF/A support – only PDF snd TXT output
- no SOAP / REST web-service interface and so no usage of the free AutoOCR additional applications DropOCR, FineOCR and ifresco Transformer.
Advantages / Highlights AutoOCRLight:
- Installable as Windows Service or as normal application under 32 and 64bit OS
- Folder – monitoring – new added files automatically get recognized and processed
- Processes – PDF or image files (TIFF, JPEG) – black&white, grayscale, color
- iOCR – OCR engine without page limit for generation of searchable PDF or TXT
- Image prozessing functions for improvement of the source documents – automatic – turn – pageorientation recognizing, straighten, crop edges, remove impurities, remove perforation, remove lines.
- Intelligent PDF-OCR processing of mixed documents – checked page by page if an OCR processing is necessary.
- High throughput by parallel processing