Version 3.23.5 includes fixes when adding additional printers. In the context, the “AddPrinter” tool has been re-implemented and now offers enhanced features. The new “Add Printer” Tool works with all existing installations of version 3.x. eDocPrintPro
AddPrinter is a command line application to
- create additional eDocPrintPro printer
- Delete Added eDocPrintPro printer
- To copy settings from an existing eDocPrintPro printer to a new one
AddPrinter works with both the “normal“ eDocPrintPro as well as with all other custom eDoc drivers that are created by default with a name other than “eDocPrintPro“.
“…AddPrinter.exe” [Options] “<Printer-Name>” [“<Driver-Name>”]
- /a add a new printer named <Printer Name>, the /a parameter can also be omitted.
- /d deletes the printer named <printer name>
- /c “<origin Printers>” the newly added printer gets the same settings as the stated <origin printer>. Missing this option then the “eDocPrintPro” printer is used.
- /s Error messages are suppressed.
Specifying <printer name> is in any case necessary and its meaning depends on the options / a, and / d.
About the <driver–name> more printers can be added to an existing “customized” printer driver. “Customized” drivers are drivers that have been created by the setup already with a specific individual name. If not specified, “eDocPrintPro” is assumed as the default. [And] identifying optional information. The brackets may be omitted if the inner text contains no spaces.
- Create a new printer named “Archive”
“C:Program FilesCommon FilesMAYComputereDocPrintProAddPrinter.exe” /a Archiv
“C:Program FilesCommon FilesMAYComputereDocPrintProAddPrinter.exe” Archiv
- Remove the printer named “Archive”
“C:Program FilesCommon FilesMAYComputereDocPrintProAddPrinter.exe” /d Archiv
- Creating the printer with the name “Archives New” and copy the settings of “archive”
“C:Program FilesCommon FilesMAYComputereDocPrintProAddPrinter.exe” /c Archiv Archiv_Neu
- Creating a printer named “XKEY” and the existing driver is “SipGate”
“C:Program FilesCommon FilesMAYComputereDocPrintProAddPrinter.exe” XKEY SipGate
Download – eDocPrintPro (PDF/A)
GhostScript 9.18.1 Setup