The new overview video shows a quick summary about the most important features of DropConvert to convert any documents to PDF or PDF/A via the FileConverterPro server / service directly from the Windows Desktop.
New features DropConvert version 1.0.6:
- selection of the FCpro processing profile directly via the icon tray menu
- display of the currently chosen processing profile as tool-tip text over the icon tray
- function to cancel all open jobs
- improved error handling with conversion errors without placeholder page
For tests without own installation of the FCpro server the testserver provided by us in the internet can be used.
DropConvert is a Windows client application which communicates with the FileConverterPro server to convert documents to PDF or PDF/A which are dragged & dropped into a always “on top” displayed “DropZone” or into a monitored folder. The resulting files get transfered back to the client and deposited into a configurable output folder. DropConvert communicates with the FileConverterPro server encrypted via https which can be located in the local net or also external through the internet. DropConvert is free and can be installed on any Windows client and therefor brings the PDF and PDF/A conversion functions to any working place.
DropZone activated >> drag documents in it and convert them to PDF or PDF/A
- Call configuration settings
- FCpro web-service parameters – URL, user, password
- Connecting with the FCpro server
- Selection of the processing profiles deposited on the FCpro server
- Automatically start application on PC start
- Selection “monitored folder”
- Selection “output folder”
- open output folder
- (de)activate “DropZone”
- display / delete log
For testing without an own installation of the FCpro server our testserver, provided over the internet, can be used.