FileConverterPro – PDF(/A) conversion via REST Web-Service
To convert a file via the FileConverterPro via the REST web service interface, the following functions have to be executed:
- The file must be transferred to the FCpro server with “UploadJob“. https://fileconverterpro.docs.apiary.io/#reference/general-api/upload-job/uploadjob?console=1 The content of the file is uploaded with the “Request Stream” of the function. This method returns a “JobResult Structure”, whereby the “JobGuid” should be saved in order to query the status of the job in further consequence.
- The job status can be queried with “GetStatus”. https://fileconverterpro.docs.apiary.io/#reference/general-api/get-status/getstatus
- Once the status of the job is “Converted“, the file(s) generated by the FCpro can be downloaded. Since it is also possible to create additional formats (eg PNG, TXT, etc.) from the source document, depending on the configuration, you can also query how many result files are available. The “GetResultCount” function is used for this purpose. https://fileconverterpro.docs.apiary.io/#reference/general-api/get-result-count/getresultcount
- The “GetResultExt” function can be used to query the file types / extensions of the additionally created files. https://fileconverterpro.docs.apiary.io/#reference/general-api/get-result-ext/getresultext
- Finally, the file(s) generated by the FCpro can be downloaded using the “GetResult” function. https://fileconverterpro.docs.apiary.io/#reference/general-api/get-result/getresult