Direct PDF printing now supports the “AutoRotate” function.
The PDF2Printer version 2.0.5 has implemented a new, much faster and more efficient PDF printing method. Previously, the PDF documents for printing were first converted to a graphics file with the resolution of the printer. However, the printer had a high resolution, eg. 600dpi or more, so large print data was generated, consumed many resources and a printout with many pages took a correspondingly long time.
Innovations PDF2Printer Version 2.0.5:
- New direct PDF print output without PDF to Image conversion.
- Much faster print output with fewer resources, especially on many pages and high printer resolution.
- Alternative: PDF image print with adjustable resolution – standard: 300dpi.
- PDF image printing also offers scaled print output and automatic page orientation.
- Configurable timeout for printing – default – 120sec.
What’s New PDF2Printer Version 2.0.2:
- New PDF printing engine delivers improved quality when printing 1D and 2D barcodes – Barcodes can be generated and displayed in PDF via barcode fonts, lines or graphics. Certain label printers, however, had problems with the printing engine used so far and the prints were out of focus or had “stapling effects” on the black edges. Especially with 1D / 2D barcodes, this can lead to the barcode recognition no longer working reliably. This problem has now been fixed with the new PDF printing engine – sharp edges are now always generated and printed.
- New function – print mode / scaling: Now you have the possibility to control the scaling of the prints as with the Adobe Reader
- Fit to page – optimizes the printout – preserves the page ratio – adjusts the print horizontally or vertically to the maximum of the page.
- Current size = 1: 1 – The printing is done with 100% – there is no adjustment to the page size
- Decrease to page – If a print is smaller than the page, the printout will be 100%, If the print is larger than the page, the print will be reduced to fit the page.
- Scaling (%) – Standard = 100% – Here you can adjust the size of the print up or down over a% set.
- New function – Alignment: Alignment can be either automatic or fixed.
- Automatic – For example, An A4 horizontal format for printing automatically to A4 high. The sheet is thus optimally utilized. Scaling is also not necessary in this case.
- Portrait / Landscape – The print always takes place in the configured page orientation – The printout is adjusted to the page. An A4 aspect ratio is reduced so that it can be printed on an A4 portrait page.
PDF2Printer is installed as a service and on default runs under the “LOCAL SYSTEM account”. This account however has no permissions to access network-ressources. Therefor with the standard installation it can’t be output to a network printer. These also aren’t included in the file “printers.pnames”. To be able to use network printers the service has to run under a user account which has the according rights in the network. The best way is to log into the system with the user which should be used and to check if the user “sees” the printer and is also able to print on it. After that the PDF2Printer server can be configured and started under this user. With that all printers (local & network) which are available to the user should be contained in the “printers.pnames” file.