The FileConverterPro (FCpro) provides a central service for converting many document formats to PDF or PDF/A via its web service interface. The FCpro Explorer Extension (FCpro EE) is a free Windows client application available for the FCpro converter. The FCPro EE integrates MS-Windows clients, via the context menu in Windows Explorer, with the FCPro PDF conversion service and enables easy and direct PDF(/A) conversion for a variety of documents and container formats.
PDFScanEdit makes it possible to interactively recognize and process barcodes on PDF and scans.
- Split by barcode
- Use barcode value as file name
- Delete pages with barcodes
- Filter barcodes
The following video shows how to do it:
- Provides the most important and commonly used functions for editing PDF scanned documents.
- Page-oriented functions for comprehensive editing of PDFs and scans (black & white, grayscale, color).
- Process documents from inbox folders – Display as document list, e.g. for multifunction devices, network scanners.
- Integrated scanning function to capture documents via a locally connected scanner. Scan settings are selectable via presettable profiles.
- Page preview – Zoom, Scroll, Page selection, Rotate – as well as thumbnail miniatures of all pages.
- Quick change of document names with automatic selection of the next file incl. Area OCR.
- Delete areas on a page / crop to area
- Page-oriented document editing – rotate pages left/right, delete pages, drag and drop pages in the thumbnail view.
- Split document – at marked page, after x pages, after barcode
- Merge documents – define sequence, automatic deletion of individual files.
- Export – to an output folder, send as e-mail attachment or via export plugin.
- Generates searchable PDF-OCR documents including intelligent OCR processing. Only image pages are OCR processed.
Export Plugin Interface:
- Installable plugins for profiling and collecting metadata.
- One or more plugins can be installed and selected.
- Simultaneous presentation of the profile mask and the document preview.
- Background / batch processing, e.g. for PDF-OCR conversion and upload.
- Automatically load the next document from the list.
With the current versions of our command line applications (CL, CS-CL), a result code is now returned which can be evaluated. 0 = Successful, -1 = Error. The system variable %ERRORLEVEL% is also assigned the result code.
In some industries, there are documents where position data has another level. There are documents with 2-stage position data, e.g. in the case of textiles or clothing where an article (number, description) can also have a “sub-level” with sizes or color specifications. The article itself is just listed once and in the level below there are then the quantities/prices of the individual characteristics.
PDFmdx is also able to recognize and read two-stage position data, the following video shows how to do it:
PDFmdx can read information from PDF documents via defined areas and assign them to a field. However, there is also information in a document that occurs several times. For example, position data of invoices – quantity, article number, price etc. These are usually executed as tables in fixed columns and a variable number of rows.
PDFmdx is also able to read position data from PDF documents with the help of “sliding groups”. Fields are assigned to a “sliding group” and positioned on the template document. Criteria define conditions to identify a row as a “sliding group” record. Two delimiters determine in which vertical area of the pages such data records are searched for.
The following video also shows the use of “anchor fields” to find and read information which is “moving” on a page and has no fixed position, e.g. the final amount of an invoice.
PDFmdx can recognize PDF Documents (e.g. invoices) via criteria based on textual content, split them into individual documents and read out metadata. The fields and texts that have been read out can be used for the filename as well as for the structured storage or import of the documents.
The following video shows how to do it on the basis of incoming invoices:
PDFmdx can also recognize documents by barcodes, split them into individual documents and use the read out barcode values to store them. Which barcode is used can be specified via the area, the barcode type or also conditions. The splitting can be done via a change of content or via conditions. Separating sheets containing barcodes can also be deleted.
The following video shows how it works:
AutoOCR-CS-CL is a command line add-on application available free of charge for the AutoOCR server. AutoOCR-CS-CL enables the conversion of image PDF, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF files into searchable PDF or PDF/A files. Communication with the AutoOCR server is done with http/https via the AutoOCR SOAP web service interface. The AutoOCR server can be addressed locally, in the same network or via an Internet connection.
- Free command line application for AutoOCR to generate searchable PDF(/A) via OCR from Image-PDF, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF.
- Processing takes place via SOAP web service on a (remote) AutoOCR server via http/https.
- Processes individual files, entire folders / folder structures as well as lists of files / folders from TXT files.
- Selection of the processing parameters by specifying an OCR profile stored on the AutoOCR server.
- Parallel multiple upload / download to AutoOCR server configurable for optimal throughput.
In addition to PDFPrint-CS-CL and PDFPrint-CS-FM, DropPrint-CS provides another free client for the PDFPrint Service CS application. DropPrint-CS has the same functionality as DropPrint, but printout is remote via web service on a machine running the PDFPrint Service CS application.