Innovations HTML2PDF-CL (HTML to PDF) Version 1.1.0:
- Generate PDF from URL/web link: With the new version, PDF and PDF/A files can be generated directly via a URL or via web links without the HTML being available locally on the computer. The URL is transferred via a *.url file, web links via a TXT file. Multiple URL files can also be processed into a single or a total PDF file using a ZIP file.
- Integrated PDF/A converter component: Using the integrated PDF/A converter component, PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3 and also ZUGFeRD PDF can now be generated from an HTML or a web page/link.
- Integrated PDFCompressor component: With the help of the PDFCompressor component, the generated PDF can be optimized and compressed in order to create the smallest and most compact PDF possible.
The PDF/A converter and the PDFCompressor are functions that are activated separately. If there is no valid license, the PDF will be converted and/or compressed, but a demo stamp will be applied.
Innovations in FCpro version 1.0.93:
- Image processing integrated: Until now, individual image processing functions were part of the OCR engines. Now all image processing functions are generally available for all image to PDF conversions (with or without OCR) via independent ImageProcessing component, regardless of the OCR processing and the selected OCR engine. See overview of functions >>>.
- Digital signature – PDFSign component integrated: By integrating the PDFSign component, the generated PDF and PDF/A files can also be signed, confirmed, encrypted, provided with a password and restrictions. A time stamp can also be applied. The PDF signature can be visible or invisible. All signature settings are managed via profiles. In order to be able to use the PDF signature quickly and easily, you can create your own certificates directly from the component. As the FileConverterPro runs as a service, it must be ensured that the certificates for the (user) account used are also available and accessible. Like PDF/A, PDFCompressor and OCR, the PDFSign functionality is an option that must also be licensed. If there is no valid license, the PDF will be signed, but a demo stamp will be added. See overview of functions >>>
- Update of the basic components (PDF2PDFA, OCR, PDFCompressor) to the current status.
- Images embedded in the body of email messages are not processed as attachments. No additional pages are attached to the PDF for this.
- When rendering encrypted PDF files, AES 256 encrypted PDF files can now also be processed.
- In addition to the resolution, the image compression of the generated images can now be configured for PDF/A rendering.
- New REST/SOAP web service function to query jobs with multiple status values at once:
- For REST GetAllJobs2?status=5,6,7…,
- For SOAP GetAllJobs2?status is an int array (int) that is rendered in C#.
DropCompress makes it possible to reduce and optimize several PDF documents at once directly via drag & drop or a monitored folder. DropCompress is an executable MS-Windows application that can be started automatically and is based on our PDFCompressor – C#/.NET component.
- Executable MS-Windows application with autostart function.
- Compresses and optimizes single or multiple PDF files.
- Start processing via drag & drop by dragging the PDF onto a DropZone and/or
- Compression by monitoring a folder / folder structure.
- Compression profiles – new, copy, rename, delete, import, export – enable the settings to be changed quickly and easily.
- Profile selection before the start of processing in order to be able to select or change settings.
What’s new in version 4.1.1:
- From version 4.1.1, the setup only contains the 64bit version for 64biz operating systems. The eDocPrintPro version 4.0.2 is still available for 32bit operating systems.
- eDocPrintPro now uses the current GhostScript version 9.50
- PDF level 1.5 (Adobe Acrobat 6), PDF level 1.6 (Adobe Acrobat 7) and after level 1.7 (Adobe Acrobat 8/9) are supported. PDF level 1.7 is now standard
- The control of the paper formats has been newly implemented.
- Version 4.1.1 also requires a new eDocPrintPro SDK.
Download – eDocPrintPro free 64bit version
Download – eDocPrintPro 64bit PDF/A & ZUGFeRD
Download GhostScript 9.50 64bit setup
Download – eDocPrintPro 32bit version 4.0.2
The PDFCompressor component was integrated with EasyMerge PDF/A converter version 1.7.2. This allows the generated PDF/A file to be optimized and reduced in size to produce the smallest and most compact file possible. The compression must take place after the assembly to the complete file and before the PDF/A conversion, otherwise the PDF/A conformity will be lost. With version 1.7.2, the PDF/A converter component was also brought up to date.
EasyMerge can be licensed in the following versions: EasyMerge – without PDF/A & PDFCompressor, with PDF/A-1b, 2b, 3b, ZUGFeRD or with PDFCompressor.
A signature is used to prove that a PDF has not been changed since the signature was applied. In addition, it is now possible to encrypt a PDF with PDFSign-CL, to provide it with a password and to restrict access. PDFSign-CL thus offers all functions to protect PDFs from manipulation and to enable proof of integrity.
Often you not only want to use certain PDF security settings and passwords that are always the same to protect PDF documents, but you should also use different default settings for each recipient. To do this as simply and easily as possible, the PDF security settings and passwords are now managed in their own separate profiles. A profile can be searched and selected very easily not only by name but also by a description (e.g. customer number, company, person, email, etc.) in both fields using the type-ahead substring search. Security profiles and passwords can be selected and queried interactively at runtime.
PDF protection and encryption is not allowed for PDF/A documents, therefore these functions are only active if the option “PDF/A conformity” is not checked.
Features of the PDF security profiles:
- Manage the profiles by name and description
- Profile search and selection via both fields – name and description – using type-ahead substring search
- Profile – New, Copy, Edit, Delete, Import, Export, Export All
- Checkbox selection – use preset profile or profile query at runtime
- Checkbox selection – “Ask for password” – The preset password is displayed at runtime and can be changed.
Image Processing serves to improve and optimize the quality of scanned documents or to prepare for subsequent OCR processing in order to increase the recognition rate and readability. This also removes blank pages, black borders, perforations, lines and contaminants.
We have now developed our own components to integrate the functionality quickly and easily into our existing or new applications.
Image processing functions:
- Several functions can be carried out in a given order one after the other.
- Several functions can be carried out in a given order one after the other.
- The selected functions, their parameters and processing sequence are managed via profiles.
- Profile functions: New, Copy, Delete, Rename, Export to file, Import from file.
- Option to process PDF scans / pages only with image information or all PDF pages.
- Load a sample page and test the image processing commands with a preview of the source and result file.
Individual functions of image processing::
- Detect and remove blank pages.
- Rotate pages automatically
- Align pages
- Invert images (black to white)
- Remove black border
- Trim the border
- Remove impurities
- Remove perforations
- Remove lines
- Convert color / grayscale to black and white